Alafair Burke: If You Were Here
With a life shaped by her interest in crime, Alafair Burke worked as a Deputy District Attorney in Portland for five years. She returns to recite a few pages from her latest, If You Were Here, a mystery about a journalist trying to find an elusive heroine who saves a boy's life from an oncoming train. Burke’s father, James Lee Burke, is also a big-deal detective-thriller scribe.
- Portlander's Dog Film Breaks the Internet's Heart
- Toby Froud’s New Puppet Film Returns Us to the Magical World of ‘Labyrinth’ and ‘The Dark Crystal’
- 8 Great Northwest Swimming Holes
- Portland’s Best Breakfast Spots
- How Much Pressure is Too Much Pressure in a Massage?
- Top Things to Do This Weekend: June 18–21
- The 10 Best New Brunches in Portland
- Which Northwest Summer Festival Is Too Naked For You?