Alafair Burke: If You Were Here
With a life shaped by her interest in crime, Alafair Burke worked as a Deputy District Attorney in Portland for five years. She returns to recite a few pages from her latest, If You Were Here, a mystery about a journalist trying to find an elusive heroine who saves a boy's life from an oncoming train. Burke’s father, James Lee Burke, is also a big-deal detective-thriller scribe.
- Where Do Portland's Best Chefs Eat on their Own Time?
- Top Things to Do This Weekend: Oct 23–25
- Portland’s Best Breakfast Spots
- Checking in with Portland's Tiny House Hotel
- Three Reasons To Try Café Castagna’s New Middle East Brunch
- Portland’s Best Breakfasts
- The Ultimate Guide to Portland's Teahouses
- Q&A: Getting R-Rated with SNL's Norm MacDonald