A Virgin in Neverland
Virgin in Neverland review in short: Twenty-six-year-old Nikolas Hoback mixes his story of Christian-motivated virginity with the characters of Neverland, shifting in and out of real-life and fantasy in a 70-minute game of make believe in which he plays every character. He’s at his best when he channels the energy of defiant boyhood, bounding around stage and literally climbing up the walls. But ultimately he never gives a reason for why, after a very straightforward start, his life suddenly starts muddling with J.M. Barrie's dream world (not to mention some Biblical references and a Rocky Horror version of the Greek god Pan). As his storybook episodes dragged past 11 pm, drifting further and further from clarity, I began to yearn for someone to tuck me in from this bedtime tale.
- The Big One: A Northwest Earthquake Survival Guide
- Portland’s Best Breakfast Spots
- The 10 Best New Brunches in Portland
- Pearl District Pastry Haven Nuvrei Gets a Tasty Makeover
- Holy Cow! Portland Bridges by Drone!
- Forest Park Guide: The Best Hikes
- Beer and Hiking...A Match Made in Heaven!
- Portland's 10 Best Salads