A Small Fire
Chris Coleman, PCS artistic director, says he wept the first time he read Adam Bock’s 2011 tale about an unconventionally married couple. The wife’s inability to smell the smoke of a smoldering dish towel is the first sign of a mysterious disease that robs her of her senses one by one. PCS associate artistic director Rose Riordan directs.
"While the ideas are thought provoking (and the ending has a certain climax), the script, the acting, and the production hit them like one of Emily’s hammers knocking a nail, creating a show that felt on opening night more manufactured than real..." Read our full review.
- Inside North Portland's SamplingLab, Where Everything Is Free
- Portland’s Best Bars 2014
- 50 Things Every Portlander Must Do This Winter
- 10 Last-Minute Holiday Gifts for Foodies
- Top Things to Do This Weekend: Dec 18–21
- A Peek at PDX Airport’s New Carpet
- Portland’s Best Breakfast Spots
- Portland's Best New Year's Eve Events