A Noble Failure
In this world-premiere production, Third Rail Repertory Theatre explores a subject that’s about as high-voltage as they come: education reform. Written by Susan Mach, herself a teacher at Clackamas Community College, Noble Failure dramatizes some of the real challenges facing schools today.
What we said: "While there’s nothing like advocacy art to send a preliminary shiver up one’s spine, A Noble Failure succeeds by all theatrical measures: empathetic, deeply rounded characters; bitingly witty, authentic dialogue; taut narrative arc spurred by multiple levels of conflict; smart direction and staging by director Philip Cuomo that recreates the spirit of a school. But more so, it achieves a grander goal: the expression and transmission of deeper cultural ideas and meanings." Read the full review of A Noble Failure.
- Portland's 10 Best Salads
- Guide to 2014 Summer Concerts and Festivals
- Portland's 10 Best New Restaurants
- 10 Fantastic Portland-Designed Bags
- A Kure for the Common Smoothie
- Northwest Glamping
- Toby Froud’s New Puppet Film Returns Us to the Magical World of ‘Labyrinth’ and ‘The Dark Crystal’
- The Big One: A Northwest Earthquake Survival Guide