A Noble Failure
In this world-premiere production, Third Rail Repertory Theatre explores a subject that’s about as high-voltage as they come: education reform. Written by Susan Mach, herself a teacher at Clackamas Community College, Noble Failure dramatizes some of the real challenges facing schools today.
What we said: "While there’s nothing like advocacy art to send a preliminary shiver up one’s spine, A Noble Failure succeeds by all theatrical measures: empathetic, deeply rounded characters; bitingly witty, authentic dialogue; taut narrative arc spurred by multiple levels of conflict; smart direction and staging by director Philip Cuomo that recreates the spirit of a school. But more so, it achieves a grander goal: the expression and transmission of deeper cultural ideas and meanings." Read the full review of A Noble Failure.
- Portland Neighborhoods By The Numbers: Where to Buy in 2015
- Inside P.R.E.A.M.’s Pizza Party HQ
- Bend’s Plant-Based Burger Joint Hits Hawthorne
- Bean Heaven at Cup & Bar: Where Coffee and Chocolate Collide
- Portland Farmers Market's New Vendors and Neighborhood Opening Dates
- Inside the North Portland Shop Where Everything Is Free
- "3 Things I Learned Opening A PDX Doughnut Shop in Japan"
- Trail of the Month: Mosier Plateau