A Noble Failure
In this world-premiere production, Third Rail Repertory Theatre explores a subject that’s about as high-voltage as they come: education reform. Written by Susan Mach, herself a teacher at Clackamas Community College, Noble Failure dramatizes some of the real challenges facing schools today.
What we said: "While there’s nothing like advocacy art to send a preliminary shiver up one’s spine, A Noble Failure succeeds by all theatrical measures: empathetic, deeply rounded characters; bitingly witty, authentic dialogue; taut narrative arc spurred by multiple levels of conflict; smart direction and staging by director Philip Cuomo that recreates the spirit of a school. But more so, it achieves a grander goal: the expression and transmission of deeper cultural ideas and meanings." Read the full review of A Noble Failure.
- How Much Pressure is Too Much Pressure in a Massage?
- Portland's Best Schools, Ranked and Rated
- How Portland's Cost of Living (and Beer) Compares to Major U.S. Cities
- Make Pok Pok's Famous Wings at Home
- A New Food Lover's Market to Open Next to The Ocean's Microeateries
- Fitmob's All-You-Can-Sweat Fitness Passport Comes to PDX
- A Peek at PDX Airport’s New Carpet
- Portland's 10 Best Restaurants of 2014