A Noble Failure
In this world-premiere production, Third Rail Repertory Theatre explores a subject that’s about as high-voltage as they come: education reform. Written by Susan Mach, herself a teacher at Clackamas Community College, Noble Failure dramatizes some of the real challenges facing schools today.
What we said: "While there’s nothing like advocacy art to send a preliminary shiver up one’s spine, A Noble Failure succeeds by all theatrical measures: empathetic, deeply rounded characters; bitingly witty, authentic dialogue; taut narrative arc spurred by multiple levels of conflict; smart direction and staging by director Philip Cuomo that recreates the spirit of a school. But more so, it achieves a grander goal: the expression and transmission of deeper cultural ideas and meanings." Read the full review of A Noble Failure.
- Inside North Portland's SamplingLab, Where Everything Is Free
- Portland’s Best Bars 2014
- 50 Things Every Portlander Must Do This Winter
- A Peek at PDX Airport’s New Carpet
- Portland’s Best Breakfast Spots
- Portland's Best New Year's Eve Events
- 10 Last-Minute Holiday Gifts for Foodies
- Portland’s Best Breakfasts