A John Waters Christmas
The infamous cult filmmaker behind Pink Flamingoes and Hairspray brings his high-camp, low-class sensibility to the helplessly wholesome holiday. The last time he performed the monologue in Portland, his signature pencil moustache didn’t stop moving for the entire run time.
We couldn't pass up the opportunity to talk with the Sultan of Sleaze. Read our interview, in which he tells us about his love for Justin Bieber, why Santa is gay, cultural homogenization, Portlandia, and his favorite Christmas story.
- Toby Froud’s New Puppet Film Returns Us to the Magical World of ‘Labyrinth’ and ‘The Dark Crystal’
- A Native Portlander Returns to Find Her Hometown Radically Transformed
- Best Bets for Portland Dining Month
- Portlanders Share Stories of Their Worst Dates Ever
- Portland’s Best Breakfast Spots
- Portland's 10 Best Restaurants of 2014
- Rental Market Madness
- Toby, the Baby from Labyrinth, Grows Up to Be a Goblin King—in Portland