Features:Price: $40 for festival day pass; $100 to run
Sure, keeping up with Portland’s roiling music scene can sometimes feel like a marathon, but the first-ever 8-Track Relay takes it to a whole new level. Teams of up to eight will run the four-mile loop of the Portland International Raceway for 24 hours, passing an 8-track tape in the course’s Pit Row to compete not for the fastest time but the greatest distance run. But while other races depend on some washed-up one-hit wonder at the finish line, 8-Track will offer more than 20 of Portland’s best bands playing continuously for 24 hours. Curated by Mississippi Studios and KINK-FM, the lineup includes Menomena, Blitzen Trapper (pictured), Quasi, and Nurses.
There’s also a 200-foot Slip ’n Slide and water park, free hourly yoga classes, food, a bonfire, camping, and a Fourth of July–worthy fireworks display. Which is to say, this is a field day for adults like only Portland could imagine it.
We're currently giving away a pair of passes.
- Portland's 10 Best Salads
- Guide to 2014 Summer Concerts and Festivals
- Portland's 10 Best New Restaurants
- 10 Fantastic Portland-Designed Bags
- A Kure for the Common Smoothie
- Northwest Glamping
- Toby Froud’s New Puppet Film Returns Us to the Magical World of ‘Labyrinth’ and ‘The Dark Crystal’
- The Big One: A Northwest Earthquake Survival Guide