Organ Grinders: 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea
The Organ Grinders silent film series, which uses modern musical groups to live perform the scores of silent movies to update the genre of Silent Film, returns from its hiatus on March 21 with the band Bent Knee. The Boston-based band will score and perform their third movie, 1916's 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea, for the series. In a one-time performance, the Hollywood Theatre is transformed back to its vaudeville days of bowler hat bedecked musicians and big screen spectacles.
- Portlander's Dog Film Breaks the Internet's Heart
- Toby Froud’s New Puppet Film Returns Us to the Magical World of ‘Labyrinth’ and ‘The Dark Crystal’
- 8 Great Northwest Swimming Holes
- Portland’s Best Breakfast Spots
- How Much Pressure is Too Much Pressure in a Massage?
- Top Things to Do This Weekend: June 18–21
- The 10 Best New Brunches in Portland
- Which Northwest Summer Festival Is Too Naked For You?