Karen Brooks has been cooking up opinions on Portland’s restaurant scene for decades. On Eat Beat, Brooks teams up with gastrophile, photographer extraordinaire, and twitter-machine Allison Jones and associate food editor and avid cook Benjamin Tepler. Join them as they dish on food news, chew over new restaurants, and sniff out the best bites in the city. Email the editors
Sign up for Portland Monthly’s weekly Eat Beat newsletter for updates on the hottest new restaurants, food news, and top chefs.
Follow the team on Twitter, and feel free to ask for local restaurant, food cart, or bar recommendations!
- Three Reasons To Try Ya Hala’s New Lebanese Brunch
- Jacobsen Salt Buys Out Bee Local
- Two Portland Chefs and Restaurant Critic Karen Brooks are James Beard Award Finalists
- Old Americana Desserts Will Rise At New Dessert Pop-Up Sage Hen
- Portland News to Chew
- Harvest at the Bindery Plates Up Root-to-Tip Vegan Fare
- The Best Local Alternative Nut Butters
- Best Bets for Portland Dining Month