Karen Brooks has been cooking up opinions on Portland’s restaurant scene for decades. On Eat Beat, Brooks teams up with gastrophile, photographer extraordinaire, and twitter-machine Allison Jones and associate food editor and avid cook Benjamin Tepler. Join them as they dish on food news, chew over new restaurants, and sniff out the best bites in the city. Email the editors
Sign up for Portland Monthly’s weekly Eat Beat newsletter for updates on the hottest new restaurants, food news, and top chefs.
Follow the team on Twitter, and feel free to ask for local restaurant, food cart, or bar recommendations!
- Inside North Portland's SamplingLab, Where Everything Is Free
- 10 Last-Minute Holiday Gifts for Foodies
- All-Way's Hamburger Time Machine
- Bring Some Scandinavian Holidays Home with Beaverton's Scandia Imports
- Big-Time New York Chefs Peter Cho and Johnny Leach to Launch Stray Dogs Pop-Up
- Barley Risotto at Alameda Café
- Departure Chef Gregory Gourdet Taps his Haitian Roots
- Portland Monthly's Restaurant of the Year 2014: Langbaan