Providence Brain and Spine Institute
- Multiple Locations
- Specialties: Neurology, Neurosurgery
- Accepting New Patients: Yes
Providence Brain and Spine Institute is a comprehensive clinical program that treats all conditions of the brain, spine and nervous system. Our recognized specialists work together as a team to provide patients with advanced medical expertise and compassionate care.
Our specialists use the latest diagnostics, treatments and surgical procedures and have access to world-class technologies, including:
- The world’s most advanced intraoperative MRI lets surgeons take high-resolution scans of the brain during surgery without moving the patient, allowing greater precision during surgery.
- Gamma Knife Perfexion is the most advanced Gamma Knife technology in the Northwest. It can destroy a tumor nonsurgically with pinpoint accuracy.
- Endovascular biplane laboratory, designed just for Providence, allows neurointerventional specialists to perform complex, detailed minimally invasive treatment of stroke and aneurysm.
- Minimally invasive techniques that are easier on the patient and promote speedier recovery.
- Endoscopic neurosurgery: Providence surgeons are improving care through endoscopic neurosurgery, an advanced procedure that uses a slender fiber-optic camera to improve visibility and guide access to hard-to-reach tumors in the brain.
- Providence Telestroke Network, which provides 19 hospitals in Oregon and Washington access to top stroke specialists 24 hours a day.
Research and discovery
Researchers at the institute are evaluating the treatments of the future with clinical trials and research in multiple sclerosis, stroke, Alzheimer's disease, ALS, spine disorders and intracranial hemorrhage. Through clinical trials, patients have access to new drugs and procedures that may improve their care and quality of life.
- General neurology services
- Providence Stroke Center
- Providence Spine Services
- Providence Peripheral Nerve Services
- Providence Brain Tumor Center
- Providence Epilepsy Services
- Providence ALS Center
- Providence Center for Parkinson's Disease
- Providence Cognitive Assessment Clinic
- Providence Multiple Sclerosis Center
- Providence Pediatric Neurology
- Providence Neurointerventional Services
- Providence Neurocritical Care Services
- Providence Acute Rehabilitation Center
At Providence, it’s not just health care, it’s how we care.
Portland metro area:
- Providence St. Vincent Medical Center
- Providence Portland Medical Center
- Providence Willamette Falls Medical Center
- Providence Milwaukie Hospital
Other locations in Oregon:
- Providence Newberg Medical Center
- Providence Seaside Hospital
- Providence Hood River Memorial Hospital
- Providence Medford Medical Center
- Back to Eden Brings Food Cart “Cottage” to Southeast Portland
- A Handful of New Fitness Studios Want to Inspire Your Workout
- 5 Reasons to Look Forward to Portland's Newest Sundae Shop
- Portland Gluten Free Food & Drink Guide
- Early Morning Exercise Tips from Portland Fitness Pros
- Portland Chefs Share Their Favorite Salad Dressing Recipes
- Kick Your Spring Cold with this Herb & Nettle Soup
- One Local Cardiologist Has Your Personal Exercise Prescription