5736 NE 33rd Ave
There's more than enough to explore at this renovated elementary school, taken over by McMenamins and transformed into a Portland mini-resort. There are restaurants and pubs full of beers and steaks in the traditional McMenamins style, a movie theater, secret bars ensconced inside old classrooms, and more to discover for the adventurous sort. Perhaps more famous for its water feature (the 36-foot-long outdoor soaking tub), the Kennedy School’s signature mosaic fireplace, in the inner courtyard, sometimes get overlooked. Which is just fine with us, since it means a little extra rump-warming room on the fireplace’s wraparound brick bench.
- "3 Things I Learned Opening A PDX Doughnut Shop in Japan"
- Bend’s Plant-Based Burger Joint Hits Hawthorne
- How the New Max Orange Line Will Change Portland
- Portland Neighborhoods By The Numbers: Where to Buy in 2015
- Portland’s Best Breakfast Spots
- Portland Farmers Market's New Vendors and Neighborhood Opening Dates
- Portland’s Best Breakfasts
- Top Things to Do This Weekend: Apr 23–26