5736 NE 33rd Ave
There's more than enough to explore at this renovated elementary school, taken over by McMenamins and transformed into a Portland mini-resort. There are restaurants and pubs full of beers and steaks in the traditional McMenamins style, a movie theater, secret bars ensconced inside old classrooms, and more to discover for the adventurous sort. Perhaps more famous for its water feature (the 36-foot-long outdoor soaking tub), the Kennedy School’s signature mosaic fireplace, in the inner courtyard, sometimes get overlooked. Which is just fine with us, since it means a little extra rump-warming room on the fireplace’s wraparound brick bench.
- Where Do Portland's Best Chefs Eat on their Own Time?
- Checking in with Portland's Tiny House Hotel
- Check Out these Sweet Wine Country Trailers
- The World's Best Beards and Mustaches Compete In Portland (and Defy the Laws of Gravity)
- Portland’s Best Breakfast Spots
- The Ultimate Guide to Portland's Teahouses
- Sustainable Grilling at Bamboo Izakaya
- Portland's 10 Best Guilt-Free Dishes