5736 NE 33rd Ave
There's more than enough to explore at this renovated elementary school, taken over by McMenamins and transformed into a Portland mini-resort. There are restaurants and pubs full of beers and steaks in the traditional McMenamins style, a movie theater, secret bars ensconced inside old classrooms, and more to discover for the adventurous sort. Perhaps more famous for its water feature (the 36-foot-long outdoor soaking tub), the Kennedy School’s signature mosaic fireplace, in the inner courtyard, sometimes get overlooked. Which is just fine with us, since it means a little extra rump-warming room on the fireplace’s wraparound brick bench.
- Portland’s Best Bars 2014
- Portland’s Best Breakfast Spots
- Portland’s Best Breakfasts
- Like Almost Famous? Come Watch It With the REAL Pennie Lane!
- Toby, the Baby from Labyrinth, Grows Up to Be a Goblin King—in Portland
- PDX Reveals New Lineup of Restaurants and Shops
- Oregon's Best State Parks
- Top Things To Do This Weekend: Sept 18-21