5736 NE 33rd Ave
There's more than enough to explore at this renovated elementary school, taken over by McMenamins and transformed into a Portland mini-resort. There are restaurants and pubs full of beers and steaks in the traditional McMenamins style, a movie theater, secret bars ensconced inside old classrooms, and more to discover for the adventurous sort. Perhaps more famous for its water feature (the 36-foot-long outdoor soaking tub), the Kennedy School’s signature mosaic fireplace, in the inner courtyard, sometimes get overlooked. Which is just fine with us, since it means a little extra rump-warming room on the fireplace’s wraparound brick bench.
- Holy Cow! Portland Bridges by Drone!
- Portland’s Best Breakfast Spots
- The 10 Best New Brunches in Portland
- The Big One: A Northwest Earthquake Survival Guide
- Pearl District Pastry Haven Nuvrei Gets a Tasty Makeover
- Nong Slays Competition to Win Chopped
- Top Things to Do This Weekend: May 21–24
- Portland's 10 Best Salads