Doug Fir Lounge
830 E Burnside
The Doug Fir is a bustling east-side hangout adjacent to the ultra-hip Jupiter Hotel. Once inside, the distinctively Northwest decor—think log cabin modern—and delicious cocktails such as the Blackberry Cosmo and the Lil’ Sunshine (Bacardi with lemons and grenadine) will exert an irresistible pull. Enjoy happy hour deals between 3-6 PM in the upstairs bar, or head downstairs later on to a Doug Fir show. The lovely and acoustically impressive subterranean venue hosts a discerning rotation of acts, from local heroes like Blitzen Trapper to touring bands along the lines of the Raveonettes and Glasvegas.
- Where Do Portland's Best Chefs Eat on their Own Time?
- Top Things to Do This Weekend: Oct 23–25
- Checking in with Portland's Tiny House Hotel
- Portland’s Best Breakfast Spots
- Three Reasons To Try Café Castagna’s New Middle East Brunch
- Portland’s Best Breakfasts
- The Ultimate Guide to Portland's Teahouses
- How Michelle Lesniak Stole FashioNXT