Doug Fir Lounge
830 E Burnside
The Doug Fir is a bustling east-side hangout adjacent to the ultra-hip Jupiter Hotel. Once inside, the distinctively Northwest decor—think log cabin modern—and delicious cocktails such as the Blackberry Cosmo and the Lil’ Sunshine (Bacardi with lemons and grenadine) will exert an irresistible pull. Enjoy happy hour deals between 3-6 PM in the upstairs bar, or head downstairs later on to a Doug Fir show. The lovely and acoustically impressive subterranean venue hosts a discerning rotation of acts, from local heroes like Blitzen Trapper to touring bands along the lines of the Raveonettes and Glasvegas.
- A Bigger Portland is On Its Way—And Here's What It Will Look Like
- The Northwest's 8 Best Wildflower Hikes
- Portland's 10 Best New Restaurants
- Getting Personal with Portland’s Food Napoleon Micah Camden
- Plotting Portland's New Skyline
- Bend Butchers to Open a Japanese Soul Food Restaurant
- Portland's Hottest Neighborhoods: Where to Buy Now
- North Pearl: Going Up?