Specialties: Happy Hour and Outdoor Patio
You have to love a bar named for George Orwell. (“Victory” refers to the rotgut gin swilled in Orwell’s 1984.) Hard to say if the flinty English writer would have liked Victory’s huge Euro-beer selection or arty cocktails, but he probably would have appreciated its twilit romance. And given Orwell’s perpetual financial woes, he would have loved Victory’s evening and late-night happy hours (5 to 7 p.m. and 11 to close), when items from its hearty, gastropub-ish menu (baked spätzle, venison burger) dip to $5 apiece, well drinks to $3, with discounts on wine and beer, too. Those deals help endear this 10-year-old, well-tuned little place to local cooks and bartenders—and, inadvertently, make Victory a living example of how Portland’s collective tastes have changed, from Pabst to Pernod.
Victory Bar was featured in our 2010 Best Bars cover story.
3652 SE Division St.
Portland , OR 97202
- Mon-Sat 5 PM-1 AM
Sun 5 PM-12 AM
Please Note: Before making plans, please call ahead with the establishment to verify that this information is still accurate.
- The 10 Most Interesting Cocktails in PDX Right Now
- Portland’s First Female Head Brewer Talks Fermentation, Culinary School, and Anheuser-Busch
- Portland’s Best Bars 2014
- Oregon's 50 Best Wines 2014
- Oregon’s Link to the World’s Most Famous Single Malt Scotch
- 50 Best Oregon Beers
- The Ultimate Barsenal: Stock Your Home Bar Like a Pro
- Oregon's 50 Best Wines 2013