The Sweet Hereafter
Specialties: Happy Hour, Recommended Menu, Late Night, and Outdoor Patio
Owned by the same six-person co-op, this expansive bar’s dark walls hold familiar paintings of iconic Americana, with antique typewriters and vintage football helmets stuffed between the rows of dark liquor and illuminated by caged orbs. Push through and you’ll find a huge outdoor seating area, perfect for wolfing down tangy lemongrass tofu bahn mi and buffalo subs with miso-chive cheese from an all-vegan menu that even carnivores will learn to love. The drink list is inspired by the classics, with a great Sazerac and a few killer tropical cocktails, but the true find is the namesake beverage: a Long Island–esque potion served in a quart-size mason jar, with enough vodka and bourbon to tranquilize a charging rhinoceros.
3326 SE Belmont Street
Portland, OR 97214
- Mon-Thu 4PM-2AM, Fri 2PM-2AM, Sat-Sun Noon-2AM
Please Note: Before making plans, please call ahead with the establishment to verify that this information is still accurate.
- Oregon's 50 Best Wines 2014
- Portland’s Best Bars 2014
- 50 Best Oregon Beers
- The 10 Most Interesting Cocktails in PDX Right Now
- Portland’s Best Bloody Marys
- Portland’s First Female Head Brewer Talks Fermentation, Culinary School, and Anheuser-Busch
- Oregon's 50 Best Wines 2013
- The Suds of March: 5 New Portland Beer Destinations