Specialties: Late Night, Live Entertainment, Recommended Beer Selection, and Dive
Once you find the Standard’s front door (we walked right by it twice), you’ll be greeted by corrugated metal walls, a tattered American flag, and the aroma of cigarettes long past. “Dive bar” doesn’t really do the Standard justice; “aggro-hipster purgatory” gets closer. Huddled near the giant Hamm’s bear (cool) and the wall of pinball machines (very cool), you’ll find young Pete Wentz wannabes wearing extreme comb-overs and ripe-smelling, ironic T-shirts. Don’t be frightened by the sneers. Just smile—it throws them.
More bar and restaurant pairings listed in Perfect Pairings
14 NE 22nd Ave
Portland, OR 97232
- (503) 233-4181
Please Note: Before making plans, please call ahead with the establishment to verify that this information is still accurate.
- Portland’s First Female Head Brewer Talks Fermentation, Culinary School, and Anheuser-Busch
- Oregon’s Link to the World’s Most Famous Single Malt Scotch
- Portland’s Best Bars 2014
- Oregon's 50 Best Wines 2014
- 7 Sinful Date Nights
- 50 Best Oregon Beers
- Oregon's 50 Best Wines 2013
- The 10 Most Interesting Cocktails in PDX Right Now