The Driftwood Room
Specialties: Recommended Menu and Specialty Cocktails
With a name like the Driftwood Room, one might imagine a bar with a nautical theme, its walls coated with ship’s wheels and fishing nets. But this darkly lit (dare we say cavelike?) bar, set discreetly off the lobby of the Hotel Deluxe, is more like a rendezvous locale for vintage-clothed hipsters or a posse convened by David Lynch. Pale-yellow couches undulate beneath exposed-brick walls at the bar’s elegant cul de sac. It’s a piece of drinking real estate desirable for its views of the room and also for the abundance of shadows where a couple can easily disappear—into either a vodka haze or a lusty mood.
Happy hour stretches from 3 to 6 during the workweek at cool cat club the Driftwood Room. You’ll look swank nibbling on ahi tuna for $4.50 or spooning up the chicken chowder for $2.50.
729 SW 15th Ave
Portland, OR 97205
- Mon-Sat 11:30am-12am
Please Note: Before making plans, please call ahead with the establishment to verify that this information is still accurate.
- Oregon's 50 Best Wines 2014
- Portland’s Best Bars 2014
- 50 Best Oregon Beers
- Portland’s Best Bloody Marys
- The 10 Most Interesting Cocktails in PDX Right Now
- 5 Portland-Made Cocktail Classics Worth Savoring
- Oregon's 50 Best Wines 2013
- Portland’s First Female Head Brewer Talks Fermentation, Culinary School, and Anheuser-Busch