Spirit of 77
Specialties: Happy Hour and Sports Bar
The talent behind this Lloyd District sports bar—the same guys who did Ace Hotel, Clyde Common, and Olympic Provisions—could probably give the White House a successful relaunch. Their version of the Great American Sports Bar is a tribute to the basketball team whose only NBA championship inspired the bar’s name. With a happy-hour (4 to 6 p.m.) roster that begins with $1 cans of Rolling Rock and progresses to $2 chickpea sticks with yogurt to a $3 almond-and-chorizo sandwich, Spirit promises to be the ideal place to bridge the gap between quitting time and game time. The place fuses full-blooded jockdom with that inimitable Portland sensibility: only here would a bar replete with hi-def TVs also feature indoor bike racks and an espresso counter manned by a barista in a natty necktie. No matter what happens around the corner at the Rose Garden, all are winners here.
Spirit of 77 was featured in our 2010 Best Bars cover story.
500 NE MLK Jr. Blvd.
Portland, OR 97232
- Mon-Fri 11 AM- 12 AM
Fri-Sun 9 AM- 12 AM
Please Note: Before making plans, please call ahead with the establishment to verify that this information is still accurate.
- The 10 Most Interesting Cocktails in PDX Right Now
- Portland’s First Female Head Brewer Talks Fermentation, Culinary School, and Anheuser-Busch
- Oregon’s Link to the World’s Most Famous Single Malt Scotch
- Portland’s Best Bars 2014
- Oregon's 50 Best Wines 2014
- 50 Best Oregon Beers
- The Ultimate Barsenal: Stock Your Home Bar Like a Pro
- Oregon's 50 Best Wines 2013