Specialties: Outdoor Patio and Billiards
Your New York driver’s license doesn’t expire until 2009, and despite having lived in Oregon for two years, you refuse to trade it in. Because to do so would mean never again hearing bartender Andrew’s sing-song welcome: “New York City?! What in the dog shit are you doing here?” As if he didn’t know. The Skyline is like a summer camp for casual drinkers: The metronome of ping-pong balls clacking on the back porch, the clang and thud of horseshoes thrown in the pit, the smell of burgers sizzling on the BYO-meat community grill, all played out in front of a tree-lined view of the Willamette Valley that’ll put a lump in your throat. If friends from the Big City try to tempt you into coming back to Manhattan when they visit, this is where you take them to explain why that will never happen. You’ll sip in silence, frame the valley between two outgrowths of spindly pine and chase the most beautiful beer buzz in the country.
8031 NW Skyline Blvd
Portland, OR 97229
- Mon-Sat 11 AM-2:30 AM
Sun 12 PM-2:30 AM
Please Note: Before making plans, please call ahead with the establishment to verify that this information is still accurate.
- Oregon's 50 Best Wines 2014
- Portland’s Best Bars 2014
- 50 Best Oregon Beers
- The 10 Most Interesting Cocktails in PDX Right Now
- Portland’s Best Bloody Marys
- Portland’s First Female Head Brewer Talks Fermentation, Culinary School, and Anheuser-Busch
- Oregon's 50 Best Wines 2013
- The Suds of March: 5 New Portland Beer Destinations