Specialties: Late Night, Live Entertainment, and Billiards
On a random Friday night, Britt Daniels (lead singer of hirsute pop combo Spoon) cozies up to the side of the stage as a dancer peels off her stockings to the razor-blade gurgles of Tom Waits. At the bar, a few members of local band the Dandy Warhols swivel their stools to take in the gyrations. But they soon decide that ordering another round of PBR is more interesting. While there are naughty bits flailing about on the main stage, it’s hard to think of the Magic Gardens as a strip club. It’s more like an X-rated black hole, where you go when you want to wipe yourself off the face of the world for a few hours. A place where unkempt indie-rock princes, pulp fiction caricatures and haggard boozehounds mingle in a seedy heaven woven from cigarette smoke—and where, at this very moment, a woman with holsters tattooed onto her hips is hanging upside down from a well-worn brass pole.
217 NW Fourth Ave
Portland, AL 97209
- Mon-Sat 11:45 AM-2:30 AM
Sun 5:45 PM-2:30 AM
Please Note: Before making plans, please call ahead with the establishment to verify that this information is still accurate.
- The 10 Most Interesting Cocktails in PDX Right Now
- Portland’s First Female Head Brewer Talks Fermentation, Culinary School, and Anheuser-Busch
- Oregon’s Link to the World’s Most Famous Single Malt Scotch
- Portland’s Best Bars 2014
- Oregon's 50 Best Wines 2014
- 50 Best Oregon Beers
- The Ultimate Barsenal: Stock Your Home Bar Like a Pro
- Oregon's 50 Best Wines 2013