Life of Riley Tavern
Specialties: Late Night, Billiards, and Dive
The former home of Jimmy Mak’s has reinvented itself as one of the Pearl’s best attempts at a dive bar. A real dive bar’s drink menu wouldn’t include a Cucumber Gin and Tonic or a Pomegranate Hot Toddy, but the Pearl District’s Life of Riley Tavern does offer a casual alternative to the neighborhood’s general uppitiness. The tavern’s beer list features at least a dozen ales, IPAs, stouts, and porters brewed in either Oregon or California. Go there during happy hour from 4 to 7 PM to chow down on $3 Piglets in a Blanket—baked baby hot dogs wrapped in puff pastry and served with house-made barbecue sauce and mustard.
300 NW 10th Ave
Portland, OR 97209
- Mon-Sun 11:30am-2:30am
Please Note: Before making plans, please call ahead with the establishment to verify that this information is still accurate.
- The 10 Most Interesting Cocktails in PDX Right Now
- Portland’s First Female Head Brewer Talks Fermentation, Culinary School, and Anheuser-Busch
- Oregon’s Link to the World’s Most Famous Single Malt Scotch
- Portland’s Best Bars 2014
- Oregon's 50 Best Wines 2014
- 50 Best Oregon Beers
- The Ultimate Barsenal: Stock Your Home Bar Like a Pro
- Oregon's 50 Best Wines 2013