Caldera Public House
Specialties: Happy Hour, Romantic, Recommended Menu, Outdoor Patio, Live Entertainment, Recommended Beer Selection, and Specialty Cocktails
McMenamins-esque, but brighter and with better chow. The space, once a pharmacy, has a casual sophistication that most Dockered locals should find agreeable. The bar is classic old oak, salvaged from a tavern in Geraldine, Montana (population ~200) and stored for years in a musty barn. Caldera Public House is famous for its beer garden back patio and for hosting live bluegrass on Mondays. And they’re super kid-friendly (surprising for a pub), which can be taken as a pro by some and a con by many others. Not affiliated with Caldera Brewing, apparently, but a good beer and cocktail list nonetheless.
6031 SE Stark St
Portland, OR 97215
- Sun-Thu 5-10pm
Please Note: Before making plans, please call ahead with the establishment to verify that this information is still accurate.
- The 10 Most Interesting Cocktails in PDX Right Now
- Portland’s First Female Head Brewer Talks Fermentation, Culinary School, and Anheuser-Busch
- Oregon’s Link to the World’s Most Famous Single Malt Scotch
- Portland’s Best Bars 2014
- Oregon's 50 Best Wines 2014
- 50 Best Oregon Beers
- The Ultimate Barsenal: Stock Your Home Bar Like a Pro
- Oregon's 50 Best Wines 2013