Bye and Bye
Specialties: Late Night and Outdoor Patio
When I first moved back to Oregon nearly three years ago, and settled in the Alberta neighborhood, my husband and I stumbled upon this cool bar called the Bye and Bye. In addition to a good selection of beer, wine, and creative cocktails, we liked it for three reasons: 1) It was cheap; 2) It offered a large indoor space, plus a front and back patio, which meant lots of tables so there was actually a place to sit; and 3) It dished up alarmingly delicious vegan comfort food that worked for both me, a fancies-herself-a-foodie vegetarian, and my husband, the kind of guy who likes to eat tongue burritos and tripe.
Since then, I’ve convinced other meat-heads to join me there, and every single one of them has left satisfied, if perhaps a bit surprised. What makes this food work for so many is that it’s expertly seasoned, hearty without being heavy, and these guys understand that even vegetarians like to eat protein.
1011 Northeast Alberta
Portland, OR 97211
- (503) 281-0537?
- Mon - Thurs 4pm - 2am, Fri 2pm - 2am, Sat - Sun 12pm - 2am
Please Note: Before making plans, please call ahead with the establishment to verify that this information is still accurate.
- Portland’s Best Bars 2014
- Oregon's 50 Best Wines 2014
- 5 Portland-Made Cocktail Classics Worth Savoring
- 50 Best Oregon Beers
- Portland’s Best Bloody Marys
- The 10 Most Interesting Cocktails in PDX Right Now
- Oregon's 50 Best Wines 2013
- Portland’s First Female Head Brewer Talks Fermentation, Culinary School, and Anheuser-Busch