Specialties: Recommended Beer Selection and Brew Pub
Two guys, one dream: quit their corporate jobs to open a brew pub with little financial capital – proof positive the American dream is still alive and well in Portland. A delightful lineup of standards (a mighty stout, a woozy IPA) and mad-science oddities (Aztec Ale, with habanero chiles and cacao nibs) made three-year-old Breakside the new social heart of the Woodlawn neighborhood. (Manager Travis Puckett calls the Northeast community “our life force.”) During a sunny recent visit, kids darted around tables and earnest beer geeks talked hops at the bar. Meanwhile, a huge new brewery complete with an adults-only taproom in Milwaukie gives Breakside the capacity both to brew on a near-industrial scale and conduct countless more small-batch experiments.
820 Northeast Dekum
Portland, OR 97211
- Mon-Thu: 3-10 pm
Fri-Sat: 12-11 pm
Sun: 12-10 pm
Please Note: Before making plans, please call ahead with the establishment to verify that this information is still accurate.
- The 10 Most Interesting Cocktails in PDX Right Now
- Portland’s First Female Head Brewer Talks Fermentation, Culinary School, and Anheuser-Busch
- Oregon’s Link to the World’s Most Famous Single Malt Scotch
- Portland’s Best Bars 2014
- Oregon's 50 Best Wines 2014
- 50 Best Oregon Beers
- The Ultimate Barsenal: Stock Your Home Bar Like a Pro
- Oregon's 50 Best Wines 2013