Specialties: Wine Bar
Walking into Ambonnay is like walking into a very small, very posh party. David Speer’s 20-seat Champagne bar in the Olympic Mills building (also home to the flagship Olympic Provisions) is decked out with sparkling chandeliers, mirror mosaics, gold walls, glittering panels of wallpaper, and a list of bubbly that will make any Champagne lover ready to sit and stay a while. The comparisons to a glass of sparkling wine are almost too easy given Ambonnay’s glitz and glamor, and the overall effect is an enveloping warmth and convivial atmosphere. On our first visit, individual parties around the bar chimed in on discussions of sparkling rosé, the need for more vegetarian eateries in Portland, and the great prices on Speer’s menu. In short, the space is less a spot for a quiet, romantic date and more a salon for like-minded sippers with a penchant for the good stuff.
107 SE Washington St
Portland, OR 97214
- (503) 575-4861
- Mon-Thurs 5-10pm
Please Note: Before making plans, please call ahead with the establishment to verify that this information is still accurate.
- Portland’s Best Bars 2014
- Oregon's 50 Best Wines 2014
- 5 Portland-Made Cocktail Classics Worth Savoring
- 50 Best Oregon Beers
- Portland’s Best Bloody Marys
- The 10 Most Interesting Cocktails in PDX Right Now
- Oregon's 50 Best Wines 2013
- Portland’s First Female Head Brewer Talks Fermentation, Culinary School, and Anheuser-Busch