As the standard parade of rain and grey passes us by, it’s common knowledge that Portlanders’ moods shoot up like sunshine-hued daffodils. What better way to celebrate Portland’s spring spirit than to raise a flute with friends?
This May, Dundee's Argyle Winery will pop the cork on the second annual Portland Bubbles Week, showcasing Oregon sparkling wine side-by-side with culinary delights from the city’s best restaurateurs.
The lineup of casual and multi-course events happening throughout the city May 4 through May 11 will range from free fetes to sparkling wine workshops to a celebration of moms everywhere. Here are some early highlights so you can start to mark those calendars:
- Three- to four-course Bubbles paired menus available all week long at top Portland restaurants such as Park Kitchen, The Bent Brick, The Parish, Bar Vivant, Bar Avignon, and Higgins.
- Special free tastings at select Zupan’s Markets and Portland wine stores all week.
- May 4: A Raven & Rose Bubbles Week cocktail workshop where guests can play mixologist for the day. Tickets include four cocktails and a light snack. (20 tickets, $50 per person, 3 pm)
- May 6: Encore! A Bubbles and dessert pairing competition at Union Pine where five of Portland’s top dessert chefs will compete for the best dessert as judged by ticket holders, who will enjoy five desserts and five paired Argyle sparkling wines (200 tickets, $25 per person)
- May 7: Shucked! An Oyster mignonette and bubbles pairing competition also at Union Pine— ticket holders will enjoy five oysters and five paired Argyle sparkling wines (200 tickets, $25 per person)
- May 8: Free Argyle bubbles tasting at The Allison Inn & Spa.
- May 9-11: Argyle Brut sorbet will be available at Salt & Straw ice cream parlors throughout Portland.
- May 9-11: Bubbles & Tapas! Enjoy a free tapa with every glass of Argyle sparkling wine purchased at Bar Vivant.
- May 11: Mother’s Day brunch and bubbles at Raven & Rose. Price TBD.
- May 11: Special Edition Mother’s Day Tea with Argyle Bubbles at PIX Patisserie/Bar Vivant, including ten sweet and savory bite-sized dainties, a pot of Townshend’s Tea, and a glass of Argyle 2010 Brut for $30. A special kid’s version of six treats with a non-alcoholic beverage of their choice will be offered for $16.
For more information, pricing, and menu items see the Portland Bubbles Week website, and stay tuned to Eat Beat for more wine and food updates. Cheers!