1½ oz Calvados (Davey uses Boulard)
½ oz Becherovka
½ oz cinnamon simple syrup (see recipe below)
½ oz crémant d’Alsace (Davey uses Kuentz-Bas)
½ oz lemon juice (freshly squeezed)
1 dash Fee Brothers Old Fashion Bitters
1 lemon peel
(1) Combine ingredients in a mixing glass.
(2) Add ice, shake, and double-strain over large ice cubes.
(3) Top with sparkling wine, garnish with lemon peel, and serve.
Cinnamon Simple Syrup
2 cups sugar (preferably turbinado cane sugar)
2 cups water
4 cinnamon sticks
(1) Combine sugar and water in saucepan.
(2) Bring to a boil.
(3) Add cinnamon sticks.
(4) Once sugar has dissolved completely, remove saucepan from burner and let cool.
(5) Remove cinnamon sticks and strain syrup into bottle.