Whatever your love language, there’s a restaurant in Portland that’s cooking up a Valentine’s Day dinner that will suit your style. Whether your idea of a good time is a four–course carnivorous love fest or a scrumptious chocolate tasting menu, if any town embraces the full range of creative ways to say “Be Mine”, it’s PDX.
Quirky V-Day Feasts
• Chef/owner Kat Le Sueur is gathering a mash-up of culinary aphrodisiacs for an amorous six-course Valentine’s Day tasting menu at Cocotte. Employing the heady properties of oysters, mussels, lamb, chocolate, chilies, and avocado, this sumptuous dinner is sure to inspire.
$75 per person. Book your reservation and call 503-227-2669.
• SE Wine Collective gives wine lovers plenty of ways to enjoy the holiday. For those who want to cozy up with a loved one, the Collective is offering a special Valentine’s Day For Two menu (Feb 12th —16th) with glass pour specials and romantic small plates like baked camembert and apples and a flourless chocolate cake a la mode. February 14th, the SE Wine Collective gives wine lovers the opportunity to give back at their “Whiskers, Wags and Wine” fundraiser benefiting the Animal Rescue and Care Fund, enjoying some special wines from small batch Oregon producers as well as a selection of small plates. Special prices vary. Call 503-402-8692 for more information about the event.
• The team at Din Din has some sultry surprises up their sleeve this year at their fifth annual Sexy Valentine's Day Dinner, February 14th and 15th. Celebrate with a decadent nine-course menu, complete with drink pairings, music, and a dining room decked out in lace, silk and pearls. Din Din invites guests to get in the mood for love with an over the top menu filled with Alsatian themed dishes complete with mussels, foie gras, and plenty of liquor-laden sauces.
$100 per person. Make your reservation by calling 971-544-1350 or email email@example.com.
• For those who can’t decide on just one destination, let White Moustache Urban Adventure Co. design a custom Valentines Day food tour for you and your date. Tag along with your own personal driver and head to three stops for the evening, with White Moustache handling the planning and the payment details so you can sit back and relax with your date.
Tours start at $200. Call 503-388-5917 for more information or to book your tour.
Ultimate Date Night
• Departure steps up to the plate this Valentine’s Day with a five–course tasting menu from chef Gregory Gourdet featuring signature classics and eight dishes created especially for the holiday. Select from plates like Dungeness crab rolls, kale and seaweed salad, assorted dim sum delights (think wok fried brussel sprouts, Departure wings, and grilled lap cheong sausage), and an expansive fish and meat selection—like seafood Tom Kha, whole red snapper, Wagyu beef sirloin. End the evening with a choice between a decadent chocolate dome cake and raspberry ginger Baked Alaska. $69 per person. Book your reservation at 503-802-5370.
• Skip the downtown crowds and head to the Southeast Portland neighborhood haunt, Acadia, where Chef/Owner Adam Higgs serves up a five course, New Orleans styled prix fixe dinner. Enjoy your choice of decadent southern fare—pork belly confit with cracked corn salad, black roux gumbo with house Andouille, smoked chicken, blue crab, and okra or a gulf shrimp creole en croute. Finish with a tasty flourish—a banana split sundae for two.
$75 per person. Call 503-249-5001 to reserve your seat.
• Chef Abby Fammartino of Abby’s Table joins forces with Oso Market + Bar head chef Jason Buss for a “I Love You So Much” Valentines Day Pop Up dinner featuring four courses of locally sourced gluten, dairy, and soy free dishes paired with biodynamic wines. The dinner features peppercorn crusted beef tenderloin with an array of seasonal vegetable side dishes (think wild mushroom ratatouille over cauliflower steaks and truffle mashed celery root), and a swoon-worthy dessert of coconut crème brulee garnished with candied rose petals and shaved chocolate.
$48 per person; $65 per person including wine pairings. Reserve your spot online.
• Celebrate with your Valentine with a four course, fixe prix dinner at Raven and Rose, enjoying butter poached Maine lobster, roasted prime filet, and triple chocolate mousse cake. If you’d rather be spontaneous, head upstairs to the Rookery Bar and order Valentine’s Day specials from their a la carte menu. $75 per person. Reserve your spot by calling 503-222-7673.
• Enjoy a unique rustic Valentines Day experience with your loved one at Ned Ludd this year and choose between an inspired a la cart or prix fixe menu with optional wine pairing.
$110 per person; $160 including wine. Call 503-288-6900 to reserve your seat at the table.
• The Farmer’s Feast is whipping up a four course, farm inspired dinner hosted at Tabor Bread with a pasture raised lamb roasted served straight out of wood fired oven.
$50 per person. Call 503-734-4329 for more information or to save your spot.
• Andina celebrates Dia De Los Enamorandos with live music and a three–course, prix fixe menu that allows guests to choose their tapas, entrée, and dessert from a large selection of the regular menu. Choose from Peruvian platos de fondo (such as pescado al rocoto y kion—fresh fish over shitake mushroom and bok choy and corderito de los andes—a double rack of grass-fed lamb grilled to order), hand selected wines, finished off with a special dessert inspired by a classic Peruvian love story.
$90 per person. Call 503-228-9535 to reserve your spot.
• Enjoy a night out downtown at Vitaly Paley’s Imperial. Start your evening off with bar manager Brandon Wise’s new cocktail, St. Valentine’s Sbagliato– a honeyed chamomile gin concoction—then tuck into specials including grilled foie gras, lamb tartare dressed in sunchokes and mint, and desserts like salty caramel ice cream bon bons.
Special prices vary. Save your table and call 503-228-7222.
• Nick Arnerich is opening his hotly anticipated restaurant, Renata, this summer—but you can sample what's to come at Project Grace Pop Up Dinners at Trinket in Southeast Portland. February 13th and 14th, Arnerich is serving up Cavatelli with Manilla clams, pork belly, and pangrattato, “Terra e Mare” with Dungeness crab zabaglione, and Woodblock chocolate polenta cake with blood oranges and caramelized white chocolate.
$47 per person. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 503-805-1342 to reserve your spot.
• Coquine Supper Club heads to Sellwood this Valentines Day for a three-course Pop Up dinner with wine pairings at the southeast wine bar Corkscrew. Showcasing duck sugo with strozzapreti, Oregon Dungeness crab salad, and olive oil cake with candied kumquats crafted by Chef Katy Millard.
$55 per person, $20 optional wine pairing. Email email@example.com or call 503-239-9463 to reserve your table.
• Enjoy French technique with exotic Eastern flavors at Aviary this Valentine’s Day. Choose from options on this four–course fixe prix menu featuring dishes like crisp pork belly and warm artichoke terrine with shitake mushrooms or Tasmanian sea trout with roast king oyster mushrooms.
$65 per person with optional $25 wine pairing.
• Head out to Mt. Tabor for an intimate, three–course fixe prix dinner featuring local ingredients at Songbird. Begin your evening with a cauliflower timbale with shaved asparagus and move on to an entree of whole roasted rockfish for two. Complete your evening with rhubarb shortcake topped with whipped cream.
$45 per person. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 503-477-6735 to reserve your seat at the table.
Take Home Treats To Your Honey
• This year, Pacific Pie asks, “Will You Be My Valen-Pie?” Upgrade your paper card valentine this year for a pie coupon to give your sweetheart, and say “pie love you” like you mean it. Coupons are redeemable for one of their slices of pie at both Pacific Pie locations. Choose from an abundance of deep–dish flavors like chocolate raspberry ganache, chocolate cream, and chocolate truffle tarts with candied orange.
$4.50 per slice of pie. For more information or to place your pie order, call 503-381-6157 or 503-894-9482.
• Pix Patisserie ups the truffle–touting ante this year doling out chocolates and confections with a pair of diamond earrings hidden in one lucky box. Choose between boozy Chardons, decadent truffle hearts, intricately crafted strawberry mouse, raspberry cream filled puff pastry, and chocolate heart macarons.
Special prices vary. Call 971-271-7166 to place your order.
• The healthy meal delivery service, Farm to Fit, is throwing away the calorie calculator this February for their 3rd Annual Four Course Dinner for Two. Have your own personal chef-prepared Valentines Day feast delivered to your door to heat and enjoy with your honey. This is not your average diet fare— start with oyster and brie Champagne soup, shaved fennel and tangerine salad, grass-fed filet of beer or Pacific salmon, finished off with a bourbon chocolate mouse.
$85 for a dinner for two. Book online or call 503-688-9248 for more information.
• Give your darling chocolate but skip the drugstore assortment and opt for Salt and Straw’s small batch chocolate ice cream flavors. Collaborating with Oregon chocolatiers— Missionary Chocolates, Xocolatl de David, Alma, Sahagun and Woodblock Chocolate— Salt and Straw offers up it’s own mix-and-match creamy chocolate assortment, with a portion of the proceeds benefiting Oregon United for Marriage to support same–sex marriage rights in Oregon through February.