For those of us who grew up picking Rainbow Sherbet over French Vanilla, it’s been hard not to notice the plethora of sugary pastels that are popping up everywhere. Sorbet colors are out in full force as summer approaches. Designer labels such as Alexander McQueen, Louis Vuitton, Chanel, Dolce & Gabbana, Phillip Lim have all shown some major love for pastels in their Spring/Summer runway collections.
No longer for little girl’s Easter Sunday dresses and retired Floridians, don your favorite ice cream flavor and brighten up your day (because we need a little extra in Portland). Try wearing a salmon pink blouse with blue jeans and sandals or a light mint with softer tangerine. Throw on a lemon colored cardigan with a fun belt for a smaller dose of this trend.
Color effects moods, so lighten up yours.
1. Isaac Hers Butter London Trout Pout Lacquer
2. J.Crew Featherweight Cotton Cartigan in Bright Lilac
3. Piperlime Peacock Pave Feather Ring
4. H&M Pastel Green Shorts
5. Topshop Embroidered Organza Dress
6. Shopbop Current Elliot Stilleto Jeans
7. Nordstrom Tarnish Plate Clutch
8. House of Lolo Elizabeth & James Jamie Tie Blouse
9. BCBG Woven Metallic Waist Belt
10. Solestruck Matiko Rosa Sandal
For additional trend examples check out our Shop Talk Pinterest