This summer, Skamania Lodge—the 254-room hotel and riverside resort nestled amidst the Gorge’s forested slopes—will host Feast in the Forest, a series of Portland-chef-powered dinners in the wilds of the lodge's tree-filled property.
Located an hour east of Portland in Stevenson, Washington, Skamania Lodge will showcase the site's killer Columbia river views and visiting chef's al fresco menus during the 2013 series.
One Sunday a month between May and August, Portland chefs will hit Interstate 84 with their favorite local ingredients and whip up a one-of-a-kind meal deal for a steal—just $59 per person, including wine pairings.
Here's who will be in on the outdoor action:
- May 19: Tony Meyers of Serratto and John Eisenhart of Pazzo Ristorante
- June 23: Mark Hosack of Gracie’s and Chris Diminno of Clyde Common
- July 21: Rodney Duncan of Buggatti’s and Chris Carriker of Gilt Club
- August 18: Matt Christianson of Urban Farmer and Dustin Clark of Wildwood
- October 6: Grand Feast (all Feast in the Forest chefs will return for a very special night)
Guests are welcome to bring one bottle of wine per person with no corkage fee, and Skamania Lodge will offer room rate discounts for diners, providing a short walk home from the revelry. For overnight rates and feast reservations, head to the Skamania Lodge website or call 800-221-7117.