New brunch alert! Raven & Rose will debut Saturday and Sunday brunch service on Saturday, April 13. The restaurant debuted in January in the 130-year-old Ladd Carriage House on SW Broadway, with former Park Kitchen chef David Padberg manning the LEED-certified kitchen with hearty flavors from England and Ireland.
That emphasis on traditional old country fare finds its way onto the new brunch menu as well, with dishes like:
- Full Irish Breakfast: The classic loaded plate with housemade black and white puddings, back and belly bacon, two eggs, roasted mushrooms, tomato confit, and fadge (a rustic potato cake).
- Ploughman's Breakfast Board: A platter of cured meats, pork terrine, cheeses, a hard-boiled egg, pickles, toast or crumpet, and fresh jam.
- Wood Oven Breakfast Flatbread: Topped with chicken and a fried egg, fontina, and nettle pesto.
- Bison burger: A beast of a burger topped with caramelized onions and house pickles on a Fleur-de-lis potato bun.
- Blood Sausage and Fried Eggs over creamy grits.
- Smoked trout salad with rosti potatoes and sour cream
- or a Basket of Donut muffins: Decadent buttermilk nutmeg "cake muffins", dipped in melted butter and cinnamon sugar. Yes, you read that correctly.
The brunch menu will be available from 10 am to 2 pm on weekends in the dining room, or, if the weather is cooperating, outside at the newly-added patio tables.
Raven & Rose
1331 SW Broadway
For more on Portland’s food and drink scene, sign up for our weekly Eat Beat newsletter, subscribe to our RSS Feed, follow us on Twitter @allisonejones and @karenbrookspdx, and visit our Portland Restaurants page.