Alright cave people, this one's gonna sell out fast.
In January 2014, Michelle Tam and Henry Fong of the überpopular Paleo food blog Nom Nom Paleo are popping into town for a real food feast and celebration of their kickass new cookbook Nom Nom Paleo: Food for Humans.
First up, Tam and fellow Paleo superstar Diane Sanfilippo (Practical Paleo, The 21-Day Sugar Detox, and The 21-Day Sugar Detox Cookbook) will team up for a dream team Q&A at the Bridgeport Barnes & Noble in Tigard on January 14 at 6:30 pm.
On January 16, Departure Restaurant and Lounge's chef Gregory Gourdet will host a two-part event: a free cocktail-fueled cookbook signing and meet-and-greet with Tam and Fong at 6 pm followed by a $62, 5-course meal at 7 pm inspired by the grain-free, legume-free, dairy-free, processed-food-free recipes from the book.
Ingredients for this exclusive dinner will feature produce from local farms, grass-fed meat, and Paleo-friendly cocktails made with grain-free vodka, rum, and tequila. Feast your eyes on the menu, friends:
- Small bites: carrot and cardamom soup shooters, coconut shrimp, and egg foo young.
- Cauliflower rice, vegetable, and herb sushi
- Kale and persimmon salad with duck pastrami, ginger, and citrus
- Mulligatawny soup with smoked chicken confit, sweet potato, pickled apple, and crispy chicken skin
- Slow cooked grass fed beef cheeks with Thai spices, garlic mashed taro, and chili
- Coconut milk chocolate custard, kuri squash bars, and cinnamon ice cream, with brownie crumbs
Cookbooks will be available for purchase at the event, and reservations are required for both (call 503-802-5370 to save your seat). Call now, tickets are sure to be gone in a flash!