Two Portland Restaurant Stars to Compete on Top Chef
Departure's Gregory Gourdet and Imperial's Doug Adams join 14 other national chefs for a wicked-awesome new season in Boston. We've got the trailer!
This just in: The next season of Bravo's Top Chef will feature not one but two familiar faces—the unstoppable Gregory Gourdet of Departure and rising star Doug Adams of Imperial will invade Boston with knives drawn and inspiration flowing. From Bridgetown to Bean Town, they'll face sudden death Quickfire challenges, culinary feats at Fenway Park, Plimoth Plantation, and The Bull and Finch Pub, a "traditional" Thanksgiving meal, and plenty of other nail-biting reality tv moments.
The show's 12th season—judged by Top Chef veterans Tom Colicchio, Gail Simmons, Hugh Acheson, former Top Chef winner Richard Blais, and host Padma Lakshmi—will premiere on Wednesday, October 15. Do Gourdet's Asian-inspired dishes with a healthy bent and Adams's Southern-accented fire focus have what it takes to let them rise to the top? One thing's for sure: all of Portland will be cheering them on the whole way.
Here's the full roster of "chef’testants":
- Doug Adams – Portland (Imperial)
- Gregory Gourdet – Portland (Departure)
- Stacy Cogswell – Boston, MA
- Joy Crump – Fredericksburg, VA
- Ron Eyester – Atlanta, GA
- Aaron Grissom – Los Angeles, CA
- Adam Harvey – New York, NY
- Melissa King – San Francisco, CA
- Rebecca LaMalfa - Chicago, IL
- Mei Lin – Los Angeles, CA
- George Pagonis – Washington, D.C.
- Michael Patlazhan – Brooklyn, NY
- James Rigato – White Lake, MI
- Katsuji Tanabe – Los Angeles, CA
- Keriann Von Raesfeld – San Jose, CA
- Katie Weinner – Salt Lake City, UT
Go get 'em, tigers.