EAT THIS NOW
Xico's Take-Out Chicken Dinner
Picnic-worthy packs of Kelly Myers's perfectly spiced bird, sides, and salsas are available to-go from her SE Division Mexican eatery.
Chef Kelly Myers's Southeast Division light-filled, eco-stylish Mexican restaurant Xico has garnered accolades for the space's modern Passive House design, awesome margaritas, and refined, locally-sourced spins on Oaxacan fare. But one of the restaurant's best offerings has flown under the radar: Meyer's stellar take-out chicken dinner.
With 24 hours notice, a ready-to-eat carry-out box of brilliantly red, organic, chile-rubbed pollo asado, with three handmade corn tortillas and Xico's salsa de muchos chiles, will be ready for pickup for just $15. Additional sides—think Mexican rice, black beans, and addictive, creamy avocado-tomatillo salsa—are available to add on for $2 each, and you can stock up on extra tortillas, 3 for $1.
A whole chicken and a few extra sides can easily feed four hungry mouths, making Xico an easy post-work stop for busy families, couples, or summer picnics al fresco with friends. Chicken dinners are available from 5 to 9 pm daily. Reserve yours by emailing email@example.com, or by calling 503-548-6343.
Xeck out Xico in the morning, too: Beginning Sunday, July 14, Xico will offer Sunday brunch from 10 am to 2 pm, offering Mexican-inspired variations on the morning meal. Diners can expect:
- Chilaquiles made with Xico's fresh corn chips simmered in salsa de arbol and housemade red chorizo, topped with scrambled farm eggs, radish, onion cilantro, queso cotija, crema, tomatillo avocado salsa
- Shrimp cocktail of Mexican white shrimp, cucumber, tomato, chiles, Xico chips, and molcajete guacamole
- Oaxaca Taco Salad with romaine, marinated cheese, smoked chiles, avocado, cherry tomato, grilled red onion, Xico chips, and tamarind ginger dressing
- Adobo marinated flank steak tacos with grilled spring onions, refried red beans, Mexican rice, tomatillo chipotle salsa, and Xico tortillas
- Refried beans and queso Oaxaca torta with Ecuadoran tomato escabeche, guacamole, pickled jalapeño on a buttered toasted roll, Xico chips, and salsa de muchos chiles
- Flan de Café with Oaxacan coffee, honey, and piloncillo
3717 SE Division