Portland Bubbles Week 2013
The inaugural weeklong festival pairs sparkling wine with Portland’s favorite food carts, restaurants, bars, and ice cream counters, no fancy flute required.
Thanks to the hard work of bubbly-loving wine directors, bars, bottle shops, and restaurants, the appreciation of sparkling wine is no longer limited to special occasions and New Years Eve toasts.
The ultimate food-friendly pairing, sparkling wine is shedding its old-school rep and stepping into the limelight as the summer-ready sip it really wants to be.
To show just how far brut has come, Oregon's own Argyle Winery is throwing a Portland-wide celebration of sparkling wine with laid-back events showcasing the casual side of bubbly.
Kicking off Monday, May 6 and running through Mother’s Day on May 12, Portland Bubbles Week 2013 will include highlights like:
- All week long, try featured pairings and special dishes from Salt & Straw (Argyle Brut sorbet), Park Kitchen, Bent Brick, Bluehour, and Pix Patisserie
- Special tastings at Portland Center Stage and Portland Opera throughout the week.
- Monday, May 6: An exclusive Argyle sparkling workshop at The Cleaners with winemaker Nate Klostermann, the Argyle team, and celebrity sommeliers.
- Thursday, May 9: Shucked!, An Argyle Winery and Portland Monthly oyster pairing event featuring a “best mignonette sauce” local chef competition.
- Friday, May 10 An Argyle Winery and Farm to Fork @marks_the_spot bubbles and roe-themed dinner (to be held at a secret location).
- Friday, May 10 and Saturday, May 11: Exclusive sparkling wine pours at two consecutive Yelp community parties at the Bossanova Ballroom
- Saturday, May 11: Cartopia food cart pod's Pop-Up Bubbles Garden.
- Sunday, May 12: Special Mother’s Day Brunch bubbles tasting at Raven & Rose and The Benson Hotel.
The full schedule of events, ranging from casual tastings to ticketed dinners and pairings, can be found at www.pdxbubbles.com. Cheer's, y'all.