Downtown Portland's "Spring Into Color" Week
Downtown retailers band together for a week of fun events and sales to kick start the spring shopping season.
Since spring has officially sprung, it’s time to start getting into the fair weather mindset–meaning spring fashion. From April 1 to April 7, Downtown Portland shops kick start the season with “Spring into Color” – a week of events, sales and special offers that give shoppers a reason to find new looks in a kaleidoscope of colors.
Fashion stylist Kevin Lennox says, “It’s all about colors and graphic prints: lots of greens and blues — anything that catches the eye and feels fun. Downtown has options for everyone as new stores are opening and your favorite retailers are expanding their offerings.”
More than 25 retailers are participating in this week of fun with in-store events like trunk shows and parties to show off the newest trends. Some highlights to hit for the week include:
Radish Underground (414 SW 10th Ave.)
April 4: Radish Underground is hosting a First Thursday event featuring Heather Treadway’s spring 2013 collection, Is Was + Will Be local accessories and visual artist Shawn Demarest. There will be drinks and snacks as well as an opportunity to give gently loved clothes to Dress for Success Oregon to get 5% off purchases.
Bettie Page Clothing (818 SW Broadway)
April 6: Vintage-inspired women’s retailer Bettie Page Clothing is celebrating their grand opening week and topping it with a grand opening party that includes a photo booth, music, discounts and a gift certificate giveaway. It’ll be a chance to check out one of Downtown’s newest retailers.
Brooks Brothers (912 SW Morrison St.)
April 5, all day: Step up your style and learn to tie a bow tie! The staff of Brooks Brothers will be giving free bow tie lessons, covering everything from tying to styling. If you buy one tie, you can purchase a second for 30% off.
Pendleton (900 SW Fifth Ave.)
April 4, 5-7 p.m.: In recognition of its founder, Pendleton is launching a signature brand for Pendleton Woolen Mills: The Thomas Kay Collection. The trunk show runs all week, but on April 4, you can enjoy Pendleton lager while placing a pre-order of this exciting line of classic-inspired modern fit apparel for men and women. For more information about this collection, visit: blog.pendleton-usa.com/tag/thomas-kay/
underu4men (800 SW Washington St.)
April 7, 1-5 p.m.: Models, music and mimosas will take over underu4men on April 7 from 1-5 p.m. during the 2013 men's swimwear trunk show, featuring the new spring/summer series from Hugo Boss, Diesel, Penguin, Sauvage and Speedo.
- BANANA REPUBLIC | 710 SW Yamhill St. | 503.274.7963, www.bananarepublic.com: April 4-7: Receive 25% off your entire purchase, including our exclusive Mad Men collection.
- BETTIE PAGE CLOTHING | 818 SW Broadway | 503.719.4808, www.bettiepageclothing.com: April 1-5: Grand opening week: in-store events and specials all week. April 6: Party with photo booth, music, discounts and a gift certificate giveaway.
- BROOKS BROTHERS | 912 SW Morrison St. | 503.223.4039, www.brooksbrothers.com: April 1: Preferred Customer Event: Enjoy 25% savings on entire purchase using a Brooks Brothers Platinum MasterCard or the Brooks Card. Enjoy 15% off savings with any other form of payment. April 1-7: Save 20% off all special-order suits, sport coats, dress shirts, tuxedos and overcoats, including new spring fabrics and styles. Call to schedule your appointment. April 5: Put a bow on it! Learn everything you ever wanted to know about bow ties, like how to wear them, what to wear them with and how to tie them with free in-store lessons.
- FLORA | 917 SW Washington St. | 503.227.0586, www.florapdx.com: April 1-7: Spring into Flora for all-new natural color for eyes, lips and nails featuring local mineral makeup Alima and Vapour Organic.
- MACY’S | 621 SW Fifth Ave. | 503.223.0512, www.macys.com: April 6: Shop the Spring Spectacular sale with makeovers and skincare advice in the cosmetics department, a diamond sale in the jewelry department, 30% off women’s shoes with a purchase of three or more pairs, new clothing styles and a $20 gift card with $200 purchase of select men’s and women’s wear (see store for details).
- MALKA DIAMONDS & JEWELRY | 529 SW Third Ave. | 503.222.5205, www.malkadiamonds.com: April 1-7: Take 20% off everything in the store. Check out the “Spring into Color” dangles with semi-precious stones for $90 a pair.
- MARIO’S | 833 SW Broadway | 503.227.3477, www.marios.com: April 5: Men’s Head-to-Toe Event: Trunk shows featuring Eton dress shirts, V.K. Nagrani socks and underwear and Gravati shoes.
- MERCANTILE | 729 SW Alder St. | 503.223.6649. www.mercantileportland.com:
- April 4-7: Enjoy a nibble and a spring mocktail while you shop, also featuring informal modeling and a special showing of spring dresses and new jewelry.
- MICHAEL ALLEN’S CLOTHIER | 811 SW Morrison St. | 503.221.9963, www.michaelallensstyle.com: April 4: Custom clothing event showcasing spring fabrics and colors for suits, sport coats, trousers and shirtings.
- PENDLETON | 900 SW Fifth Ave. | 503-242-0037, www.pendleton-usa.com: April 1-7: Trunk show with the new Thomas Kay line. Pre-order Thomas Kay items for summer delivery; enter to win a Thomas Kay scarf. April 4, 5-7 p.m.: Sample Pendleton Lager during First Thursday.
- RADISH UNDERGROUND | 414 SW 10th Ave. | 503.928.6435, www.radishunderground.com: April 1-7: Free gift with $50 purchase: pick your favorite color of SOPE body bars! Dress for Success Oregon donation: Give gently loved clothes and get 5% off purchase. April 4: First Thursday event featuring Heather Treadway Spring 2013 Collection, Is Was + Will Be local accessories, and visual artist Shawn Demarest and themed drinks and snacks. Free gifts with purchase and 5% off with Dress for Success Oregon donations.
- SOLESTRUCK | 417 SW 13th Ave. | 503.224.3591, www.solestruck.com: April 4, 8-11 p.m.: Solestruck will team up with Machus to host the second specialty men’s event. The night will feature discounts, drinks, music and, of course, fashion!
- UNDERU4MEN | 800 SW Washington St. | 503.274.2555, www.underu4men.com: April 7, 1-5 p.m.: Models, Music and Mimosas: 2013 men’s swimwear trunk show with live models, featuring the new spring/summer series from Hugo Boss, Diesel, Penguin, Sauvage and Speedo.
- PIONEER PLACE | 700 SW Fifth Ave. | 503.228.5800: April 1-7: Check out seven spring looks from seven retailers in the concourse windows. Then, join the Club at Pioneer Place to be entered for a chance to win a $250 gift card to purchase your favorite spring look. See Pioneer Place Guest Services for full details. April 4: Spend $150 or more at any Pioneer Place retailer participating in the Spring into Color event and receive a $20 Shop Etc. Gift Card, while supplies last. For a complete list participating retailers see Guest Services. Bring your eligible Pioneer Place receipts to Guest Services 5 p.m.-8 p.m. on April 4th to receive your gift. Limit 1 per person.
- ANN TAYLOR | Pioneer Place | 503.222.0125, www.anntaylor.com: April 4, 11 a.m.-2 p.m.: Receive $25 off any full-price purchase of $100 or more and enjoy light treats and refreshments in the store.
- AVEDA | Pioneer Place | 503.224.9339, www.aveda.com: April 1-7: Experience the Art of Nature spring makeup collection. Enjoy complimentary touch-ups for hair and makeup, plus a free stress-relieving hand massage.
- BEBE | Pioneer Place | 503.223.0125, www.bebe.com: April 1-7: Come in and get styled by a personal stylist. Be the first to spring into color with the new spring collection. Join Club bebe and receive a special discount: $25 off a purchase of $100, $50 off a purchase of $150, $100 off a purchase of $300, $150 off a purchase of $400
- THE BODY SHOP | Pioneer Place | 503.226.7063, www.thebodyshop-usa.com: April 1-7: Core Ingredients Event: Make a $50 purchase and get a free Love Your Body card and save 10% on all purchases with your LYB card.
- EDDIE BAUER | Pioneer Place | 503.225.0213, www.eddiebauer.com: April 1: Stock up for spring with $15 off a $75 purchase or $35 off a $150 purchase.
- THE GAP | Pioneer Place | 503.222.1402, www.gap.com: April 4, 5-8 p.m.: Spring color fashion show with the new Spring collection, plus 25% off entire purchase.
- L’OCCITANE | Pioneer Place | 503.295.9000, www.loccitane.com: April 1-7: Complimentary mini-facials, hand massages and samples as well as a gift with any $50 purchase.
- ROMY | Pioneer Place | 503.241.5542, www.romystyle.com: April 1-7: Free gift with purchase of $50 or more.
- SWAROVSKI | Pioneer Place |503.795.7901, www.swarovski.com: April 5: Sign up for the new passport program and, with 6 stamps, receive a crystalized luggage tag.
- TUMI | Pioneer Place | 503.241.5616, www.tumi.com: April 1-7: Pack like a pro! Let Tumi show you how to pack for your upcoming spring and summer travels.
- VICTORIA’S SECRET | Pioneer Place | 971.544.1878, www.victoriassecret.com: April 1-7: Try on our newest bra and get a free fragrance sample.
- WHITE HOUSE BLACK MARKET | Pioneer Place | 503.224.0517, www.whitehouseblackmarket.com: April 1-6: Spring style party: Black Book members receive 10% off their entire purchase (join for free).
- XCVI | Pioneer Place | 503.957.3740, www.xcvi.com: April 1-7: Receive a 20% discount off your entire purchase. Pop back May 13-19 with that coupon and receive a 30% discount off your purchase.