2013's New Portland Farmers Market Vendors
The regular season of the Portland Farmers Market kicks off on March 16, when some new faces will join returning farmers, ranchers, and artisans.
Opening day of the Portland Farmers Market is a true Portland party, where the music is live, the coffee is fresh, the bagels are wood-fired, and the decorations take the shape of mounds of colorful chard, Easter egg radishes, and bright green leeks.
Join Portland’s top chefs and other market enthusiasts on Saturday, March 16 from 8:30 am to 2 pm to kick off the market's 22nd year and check out the season’s first bounty: wildly-colored carrots, fragrant fennel, pleasantly bitter chicories, fresh crowns of broccoli, wild nettles, and hedgehog mushrooms.
In addition to nearly 100 returning farmers, ranchers, bakers, and artisans, this year’s new vendors will include:
- Bodmer gourmet garlic growers from Carlton
- Honey Mama’s soy-, dairy- and gluten-free fudge from Portland
- InTownAg from Portland, offering neighborhood crops farmed in Portland yards
- Kuys handmade Cambodian Sauces from St. Helens
- Little Localvore fresh and organic baby food from Portland
- Mickelberry Gardens raw honey from Gresham
- Natural Valley Poultry from Woodburn
- Nectar Creek Honeywine handcrafted, small-batch mead from Corvallis
- Nightlight Farms, an urban microgreens farm at 39th and E. Burnside in Portland
- Nossa Familia Coffee from Portland
- Three Sisters Nixtamal organic corn masa and tortillas from Portland
For more Farmers Market fun, check out the Portland Monthly Insider's Guide to Farmers Markets, complete with shopping tips for every local market from Beaverton to Hollywood.