Trend Watch: Retro Sunglasses
Look to the past for the cool shades of "now."
Not so fun fact: In the US, every 14 minutes someone loses, breaks, or sits on a pair of sunglasses. With that kind of clumsy behavior, it’s no wonder we cycle through sunglasses (and sunglass trends) every 5 minutes.
This heartbeat the gotta-have-it look of the moment is all about retro glasses. Think rainbow hues with a gradient lens or throwback to the first sunglasses of the 30’s with round lenses and simple frame (made popular by the old Hollywood screen stars). Still not jazzy enough for you? Channel Elton John and his kooky looks – the icon is rumored to have more than 1,000 pairs in his collection.
1. Net-A-Porter Carven Anastasie flip-up round-frame acetate sunglasses
2. Shop Adorn House of Harlow 1960 Chelsea sunglasses in wine
3. Piperlime D&G Aviator sunglasses in violet
4. Fred Flare round paint splatter sunglasses
5. ASOS mega oversized sunglasses
6. Free People floral etched sunglasses in cherry
7. Kate Spade Nerissa sunglasses
8. J.Crew Selima Sun for J.Crew Sophia sunglasses in bronzed beige
9. Urban Outfitters Panama sunglasses in mint
10. Amy Sacks Pepper Opal sunglasses
For additional trend examples check out our Shop Talk Pinterest