Trend Watch: Swimwear
Hold on to your sunhats ‘cause its gonna get wet with the season’s top swimwear trends!
Ready or not, here comes summer (and that means swimsuits)! Whether you’re off to a fabulous beach vacay, getting rugged and hiking up to hot springs, or just soaking in your hot tub, we want you to look good doing it. Some key swimwear trends this season are high waisted briefs, bandeau bikini tops, playful vintage silhouettes, bustier crop tops, and strapless one pieces. Labels such as Eres, VPL, Pret a Surf, Dolce & Gabbana, Michael Kors, and Marc Jacobs are all offering their take on the the aforementioned styles in their summer and resort collections. For those of us with an hourglass shape, try wearing a figure flattering girly vintage silhouette, and for those needing help in the curvy department try a cute bustier crop top or bandeau with ties to accentuate whats already there. Strapless work for most body types (particularly those who don’t want tan lines), but look for ones with underwire for better fit and comfort.
Now all you need is a silly coconut drink with an umbrella and straw, a gauzy beach coverup, and the new issue of Vogue.
1. Popina Jantzen Vamp suit in red polka dot
2. Nordstrom Badgley Mischka MB11 shirred maillot
3. H&M bandeau top and briefs bikini
4. Shopbop Rag & Bone Fiji top and briefs bikini
5. Anthropologie Mara Hoffman Inti bikini
6. J.Crew Arrowhead ikat underwire top
7. Frances May Rachel Comey Midge suit
8. Madewell Camilla and Marc Ipanema one-piece
9. Asos Insight Wild Things bandeau bikini
10. Topshop coral stripe bandeau bikini
For additional trend examples check out our Shop Talk Pinterest