Fall Home & Garden Show
Home & Garden Show will have a small, but excellent, plant sale this year.
The Home & Garden Show is a bit skimpy on plant vendors this year, but at least the five they have lined up are really nice and reasonably priced. Don't miss a visit to Jockey Hill Nursery's booth. Normally a wholesale outfit, owner Michelle shows up at just a few retail plant sales per year to sell great plants to the public at great prices.
Expect to see ornamental grasses, heathers, heucheras, evergreen herbs like rosemary and lavender, fall-blooming perennials, and plenty of shrubs and trees.
The other (non-plant) vendors include a cut flower farm and a company making cedar planter boxes out of cedar salvaged from construction residue.
Plant, flower and landscaping vendors:
- Jockey Hill Nursery - great selection of reasonably priced perennials, shrubs, and herbs
- N&M Herb Nursery - wide selection of perennials and herbs (no website, but they're on Facebook)
- Northern Pacific Farm - shrubs including hydrangeas, dogwood, willow - and cut flowers
- Little Tree Nursery - grasses, perennials, shrubs and trees
- French Prairie Perennials - perennials, shrubs and trees
- Northwest Cedar Specialties - salvage cedar planter boxes (website down / ph: 503-816-9026)
- Woodlawn Nursery - no web presence/working phone, so not sure what they sell
- OSU Extension Master Gardeners - resources and information
WHEN: Thurs October 4 - Sunday October 7, 2012: hours are Thursday and Friday, 11 am to 8 pm; Saturday 10 am to 8 pm; and Sunday 10 am to 6 pm.
WHERE: Portland Expo Center - 2060 North Marine Drive, Portland, OR 97217 / Tel: 503-736-5200 - directions here. Easy access (and no parking costs) if you take Max Yellow Line.
COST: $1 general admission - pay with cash or there's a $1 fee for credit card transactions. Event is free to children 12 and under. Pay for parking. $2 discount coupons to the Thursday or Friday days of the show can be downloaded here.